Thursday, July 22, 2010

Been Awhile but Not Forgotten....

     So... It has been a few months since I last posted.  Tonight I thought I would post a blog about my many 'hobbies' because I am asked about them often.

     For those of you who know, I dabble in a lot of things.  Everything from writing novels, filming, photography, working at a local TV Studio, Jewelry Making, drawing, Counseling Youth to Watching Asian Dramas, my wide variety of taste in music and TV show and political and religious views.  Of course there is also my family and raising a disabled child on top of it all.  Naturally, as a human being, I am wonderfully unique - or so I'm told, lol.
     Anyhow, the main question I am usually asked is, 'Why do so many things?  Doesn't get overwhelming?"
     My Answer, 'I get bored really easily and yeah, it can get overwhelming if I let it.  My 'uniqueness' does not allow me to focus on one thing and be content, it never has.  I also cannot follow a schedule to save my life, routine is too boring to me and I simply lose interest and so forth.  So, to compensate, I have found several things that I love to do, along with being a mom and wife (my favorite!!), and have learned how to proportion them so they do not overwhelm me nor do they become routine and boring.
     For example, when writing, editing and publishing novels, that is all I do day and night.  It wasn't long before the joy of writing became a huge pain in the backside and I hated it... well, temporarily anyway.  I love writing but not all the time.  Just like I love making Jewelry and watching certain shows, whether Asian or American but not All The Time.  I switch back and forth on everything, sometimes doing several different things in a day.  I might work on a novel for a few hours or ten minutes, then FB on and off while watching TV.  Naturally there are doctor appointments, school, playing with the kids and making my husband smile.  Sometimes, if I am really excited about something, I will do it all day or for several days in a row... that is usually when I am writing a book.  Or I might go months and never even look at my novels.

Remember this Blog is just Random Thoughts, so I may or may not make sense, but at least I'm blogging. ^_^

     Anyhow, I'm re-writing one of my novels now.  It was good the first time but I don't think it was showing it's true potential.  I also have one that I 'should' finish before Feb of 2011 so I can finish the series.  It's mostly done but I'm mad at two of the characters and am punishing them by ignoring the book - silly but true.  I actually feel things about my characters, happy, sad, ticked off, regretful... I'm sure you get the picture.

     Anyhow, now that my life is sort of getting back to normal, at least I hope it is, I have time to do things again, like blogging.  I'm not much of a 'Journal' person, which blogging is kind of in that category, so it's hard for me to stop and simply take time to just write out random stuff like this.  However, this off-kilter last minute writing is the kind that I enjoy most.  It only has to make sense to me and I don't really care if it is read or not.  Bored yet?  Well, I'm getting there, so I guess I'll say goodbye for this post and maybe on my next one I will have something slightly more entertaining to read... or not.  Either is perfectly fine with me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stay possitive in your feed back. If what I say doesn't interest you or offends you, you don't need to read it.